IT'S SO EASY
Call 0141 429 7070
eCabcall online booking system
1. Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online or mobile.
In order to provide you with the full range of Glasgow Taxis services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
2. What information will Glasgow Taxis collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Glasgow Taxis services or make an online booking we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone or mobile number.
By submitting your details, you enable Glasgow Taxis to provide you with the services you select.
3. How will Glasgow Taxis use the information it collects about me?
Glasgow Taxis will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Glasgow Taxis may contact you for reasons related to the service (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our services;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Glasgow Taxis websites;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Glasgow Taxis may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where Glasgow Taxis proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. When will Glasgow Taxis contact me?
Glasgow Taxis may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Glasgow Taxis can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Glasgow Taxis services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Glasgow Taxis, e.g. via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Glasgow Taxis services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 5 below) Local pages will give you detailed information about how Glasgow Taxis will contact you in relation to specific services.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Glasgow Taxis will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services or activities where you have agreed to this.
6. Will Glasgow Taxis share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Glasgow Taxis. However, sometimes Glasgow Taxis uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Glasgow Taxis requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Glasgow Taxis requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content to Glasgow Taxis
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to Glasgow Taxis or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Glasgow Taxis service, Glasgow Taxis may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Glasgow Taxis reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because of content you email), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. How long will Glasgow Taxis keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Glasgow Taxis.
9. Can I find out what personal information Glasgow Taxis holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Glasgow Taxis holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as provide information to the owners of the website.
The table below explains what cookies we use and why:
|Google Analytics||_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come from and the pages they have visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google Session|
|Session Cookie||The session ID is a read-only value that uniquely identifies the current clients to the web server. This is used purely to maintain a connected state between you and the website.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.