IT'S SO EASY
Call 0141 429 7070
eCabcall online booking system
Last updated: 10th June 2022
Please read the terms of this disclaimer carefully – it contains important information about the service we provide, your rights and limits our obligations to you when certain things go wrong.
Glasgow Taxis Ltd is a Friendly Mutual Society run by members for members with the main purpose of securing work and dispatching work to our members. The Society does not employ drivers. A number of our members own vehicles and rent them to licenced taxi drivers. Additionally, not all taxis and drivers registered by Glasgow City Council are members of our Society.
When you book with us you will specify a collection time and may specify the time by which you need to arrive at your destination. Whilst we will do what we can to collect you/your passengers at the agreed time and to arrive at the specified destination on time, the very nature of road transport means we cannot guarantee that will happen.
You are responsible for ensuring that the collection time you have agreed allows you sufficient time to reach your destination, taking account of the unexpected events that could occur and delay your journey or our vehicle on its way to collect you.
Please be aware there are numerous factors that are out with our control which may impact or delay your journey with us. For these reasons our service is provided on the basis that we are not responsible for any inconvenience, losses you suffer, costs you incur or other consequences arising from our failure to provide, or delays in providing, our agreed service. Factors outside of our reasonable control include (but are not limited to) adverse weather conditions; accidents involving our vehicles; delays caused by traffic congestion, road works, road closures, accidents or diversions; or mechanical breakdowns which are unexpected and could not have been prevented by a reasonable preventative maintenance programme.
T & C
- Fixed Fares & Estimates: Areas outside of Glasgow, including Glasgow Airport journeys should always be checked with our Call Centre for a fixed price and travel time. Fixed fares or Estimates given may be more or less than the taxi meter price. Estimates for fares are dependent on Traffic, diversions or road works.
- The driver/GTL reserves the right to confirm payment journeys booked through our app, call centre, online or by any means by card machine and secure pin number to secure payment before the journey commences.
- Glasgow Taxis Ltd reserve the right to refuse any hire without reason.
- Bookings, whilst we will do what we can to collect you/your passengers at the agreed time and to arrive at the specified destination on time, the very nature of road transport means we cannot guarantee that will happen.
- A Minimum Price is applicable on any hire booked.
- A customer “Cancellation” charge is applicable on any booking which has been dispatched to a taxi and the booking has been accepted by the driver.
- “No Contact” charge is applicable if after 5 minutes of the requested pick up we fail to make contact. A call to the telephone number provided will be made before the taxi is stood down.
- Pre-Authorization booking App: A temporary hold is placed on your card booking before a card booking paid in the App. This is used to verify that the funds are available to cover the cost of the booking. The pre-authorised amount might be slightly higher than the fare estimation / price to account for situations where this changes. This hold is cancelled immediately after the booking ends or is cancelled and is returned to you within a period set by your card provider: in a range of a couple of minutes to up to 7 days. For any issues related to releasing a pre-authorization, contact your card provider.
- Cancellation charge: You may cancel your booking anytime, however if you cancel after a driver has confirmed and dispatched, you may be charged a cancellation fee of £5.00. Areas outside of Glasgow may have a higher price, contact our call centre for details.
- No Contact: You may be charged a fee if the driver was unable to locate you at the designated pickup location, has waited 5 minutes and tried to call you if a phone number is provided. Glasgow locations have a £5.00 charge, areas outside of Glasgow may have a higher price. Contact our call centre for details.
- Glasgow Taxis Ltd & Taxi Industry operates on a first available, closest vacant taxi basis and is not a guaranteed service.
- Whilst every endeavour is made by Glasgow Taxis Ltd to fulfil your booking at the requested time, it is not always possible to achieve. The taxi industry is a demand driven transport service and events out with our control, such as weather and traffic delays and other events can impact on our normal service levels. Some examples, such as, but not limited to, Concerts, Sporting events, and Public Holidays may also affect our service levels. Glasgow Taxis does not accept liability for any costs incurred for any late bookings or non-arrival.
- Glasgow Taxis Ltd does not make any promise or representation that a taxi will be available to accept a booking made using this website or that a taxi will arrive at the time you have nominated in your booking using any of Glasgow Taxis booking options, App, Online, IVR or Call centre.
- Glasgow Taxis Ltd does not give any warranties or representation in relation to any service supplied by this website, or any information contained therein; or accept any responsibility for any loss or damage which may be occasioned through your use of this website or your reliance upon any information contained in this website.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that any belongings or items travelling are secure at all times. Glasgow Taxis Ltd accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to passengers’ property or belongings, however sustained or caused.
- Lost property: Any item left in your taxi will be handed into Police Scotland. If you require the item returned this would normally incur an additional hire of the taxi to your designated address and the taxi cost will be charged to you.
- Glasgow Taxis reserve the right to stop any booking without notice and / or suspend access to any of our services without notice.
- All data that is kept for recording and business purposes will be stored securely in accordance with the Data Protection principles set out in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). In the course of your booking with Glasgow Taxis, it will be necessary for Glasgow Taxis to process personal data relating to you. A full explanation of how we use your personal data and your rights in relation to your personal data are set out in Glasgow Taxis’ Privacy Notice, which is available on our website www.glasgowtaxis.co.uk . For the avoidance of doubt, the Privacy Notice does not form part of, and is not incorporated into this Agreement and it may be varied, from time to time, by the Company.
- The information we hold on customers who book taxis with us is as follows:
- Telephone number – To improve automated booking experience
- Pickup address history – To improve automated booking experience
- Journey History
- Phone call recordings – For training and quality purposes
- Email address (app subscribers) – For journey receipts
Current legislation along with Council rules and regulations state that we must hold all journey information, including the details of the driver who undertook the journey for a minimum of 12 months. Any information we legally need to hold for licensing purposes will be held in accordance with the rules and regulations. If you wish to request a copy of the information we hold on file or to request we remove your information please email email@example.com
Our terms and conditions- The content provided on this website, App & Online Booking facility are strictly copyright material of Glasgow Taxis Ltd, we reserve the right to take down, edit, and store, all of our online material.
We reserve the right to update and edit our online terms and conditions at any point. For the most up to date information please visit this page regularly.
Glasgow Taxis Ltd (T & C)